Friday, August 17, 2007

Snack Foods

Kyle and I recently attended a "party" for the conclusion of his music class. Snack were graciously provided by one of the other moms, and I realized that I had never given Kyle such foods before (Pepperidge Farms Goldfish Crackers, Nabisco Teddy Grahams, etc). Once I read the lists of ingredients however, I remembered why. They were packed with high fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated oils and other garbage - YUCK!

So, at Safeway today, I was very excited to find an alternative to these treats - Annie's Bunny Grahams and Annie's Cheddar Bunnies. (Additionally, they were on sale!) Each of these are available in a few different flavors and are proudly labeled with the following info:

Cookies:
  • Made with Organic Wheat Flour (No GMO's)
  • Made with Organic Cane Juice
  • Excellent Source of Calcium (20% of Daily Value)
  • NO Refined Sugars
  • NO Hydrogenated Oils
  • 0 grams Trans Fat
  • 0 grams Saturated Fat
Crackers:
  • Made with Real Cheese
  • 0g Trans Fat
  • No Artificial Flavors
  • Made with Organic Wheat Flour
  • Baked, not Fried!
These haven't yet been taste tasted by myself or Kyle, but if he enjoys it as much as he does Annie's Microwavable Macaroni & Cheese or the Annie's Organic Bernie O's, then I am sure that they will be a hit. It is great to be able to find an alternative to the junk foods that pass as kids snacks these days, and also another option to the Safeway O Organics for Toddler snacks (cookies and crackers) that I typically buy.

If you haven't already seen the Annie's brand in your local store, you can search for a store that carries their products here. Alternatively, you can also purchase their products through their website.

No comments: